Healthy Cacao Coffee Banana Smoothie Recipe for Super Energy
I take my smoothie game very seriously.
So, when I say that this chocolate coffee banana smoothie will propel your taste buds to experience a new level of ecstatic joy you didn’t dream possible….one that rivals making contact with, say, the tongue of our fine friend Ryan Gosling…well, you know you can really trust me.
(Also, because I wouldn’t joke about Ryan Gosling…)
So, where does that leave us?
An introduction to a very delicious yet nourishing cacao & coffee smoothie, packed with superfoods, which you can call on anytime you have a chocolate craving (every day) without worrying about dietary ramifications. Cause it’s healthy people – did I mention that?
Healthy Cacao Coffee Banana Smoothie
- 1 heaped Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 heaped Tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 level tsp instant coffee or 1 shot of pre-chilled espresso
- 1 tsp 100% natural peanut butter or ABC butter
- 3 ice cubes of frozen 100% natural coconut cream
- 4-5 ice cubes of water
- 1/2 frozen banana
- Tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 cup cold water or milk/mylk of choice (the coconut cream makes water sufficient)
- 1 tsp mesquite powder (for a hint of caramel flavour + added protein, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (blood sugar stabilising powers)
- 1 tsp maca powder (hormone balancing superfood)
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla bean powder (flavour enhancer)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt (brings out other flavours)
Chuck all ingredients in a blender or Nutribullet-like contraption and whiz until smooth.
Pour. Consume. Write your biography detailing your lifechanging encounter with a cacao coffee banana superfood smoothie.
You’ll certainly have the energy.
P.S. If you try this recipe and enjoy, be sure to let me know!