12 Top Health & Business Podcasts to Uplevel Your Thinking & Living
Apologies in advance for my excessive use of the following adjectives cause “interesting,” “intriguing,” and “insightful” are ’bout to go off the hook right now.
But, it’s all warranted in my opinion, because in this post I’m listing my favourite top-rated podcasts at the moment spanning the topics of health, wellness, high-performance and business, including old favourites and some newbies I’ve been binging on.
Please, dig in.
An oldie, but a goodie, The Good Life Project is an epic series of really interesting conversations with really interesting people from all walks of life who’ve achieved great things. The host Jonathon Fields is about as heart-centred and authentic as you get. He says the word “fascinating” a lot (if you want to play a fun game take superfood shot each time he says it…).
Here are some of my fave episodes from the GPL podcast:
- Dr. Tererai Trent: Reigniting Dreams and Empowering Women – Holy moly, what an inspiring, courageous woman. Listen to this next time you think your goals are to big, too hard, or too far away…
- Ryan Holiday: How to Make Stuff That Stands the Test of Time – Ryan Holiday is a very interesting mind with lots on interesting things to say about creative important work, stoicism, and being evergreen.
- Simon Sinek: Serve Those Who Serve Others – A business thought leader who makes you think about why you love the brands you do and why you get up every morning. Explore the world with his extraordinary lens.
- Sheryl O’Loughlin: On Building a Mission Driven Life – If there’s one thing I love more than downloading life gems and insights from successful entrepreneurs, it’s getting all that from female purpose-driven entrepreneurs, who are also completely raw and vulnerable about the struggles and the hardships they’ve conquered along the way. This is one of those women.
Probably one of the very first podcasts I got hooked on, the Tim Ferris Show is enjoyed by ladies and gents alike. Tim delves into topics like high performance, stoicism, success habits and routines, entrepreneurship, and general life advice through his interviews with big name celebrities, artists and business people at the top of their game.
He’s clocked up over 250 episodes so if you’ve somehow yet to discover Tim Ferris, prepare a steady stream of inspo for yonks. He’s interviewed so many people that he’s also started to mash the golden nuggets from multiple guests on favourite topics like morning routines and sleep. I really like how Tim’s brain works and how honest he is about his life and own short-comings. A real stand-up dude.
My fave episodes:
- Tony Robbins on Morning Routines, Peak Performance, and Mastering Money – A very interesting look at the habits and routines of THE biggest name in personal development. While his life and rituals are pretty intense, you actually find the guy is very intelligent and business minded…and likable. He’s not just the corny motivational speaker caricature that most people associate him with.
- Jamie Foxx on Workout Routines, Success Habits, and Untold Hollywood Stories – Sometimes it’s cool to kick back with a celeb being real and talking a lot more openly about their journey and family life outside the domain of a movie promotion or what have you. This is that kinda interview.
- Matt Mullenweg: Characteristics and Practices of Successful Entrepreneurs – Matt Mullenweg is the founder of WordPress, that lil’ CMS that powers over a quarter of the world’s websites. So this ones for the tech nerds and entrepreneurs out there. I really enjoy hearing from business founders, especially in the technology space, so it was very interesting to get a peak into the mind of this guy. More evidence that a business with passion and purpose makes all the difference. He also has great take in music (I follow him on Spotify).
- How Seth Godin Manages His Life — Rules, Principles, and Obsessions – Everyone in the marketing game knows Seth Godin, and this podcast will just make you respect and like the guy more.
- Arianna Huffington, Media Maven – I’ve been a longtime fan of Arianna, the founder of The Huffington Post, back when I discovered her book Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder. I just love how real she is. There really is a special innate wisdom to the Greeks! My favourite part of this podcast are the little stories she shares about her mum. This is the kind of parent I want to be. What a fabulous fierce woman!
Relatively new on the podcast scene, Melissa Ambrosini’s podcast boasts some pretty influential guests in the health, personal development, and spiritual scene. I like that there are familiar faces I’m interested in hearing from but also a host of new names and teachings to discover! This is the podcast that finally inspired to read Conversations With God, by Neale Donald Walsch (the author was a guest of the podcast). Boy was that worth it!
Even with under 50 episodes live at the time of this post, it’s really difficult to narrow my favourites, but here we go:
- How To Financially Free Yourself With Peta Kelly – What an absolute leg(end)! This podcast was so inspiring. Peta Kelly has achieved some lofty business goals but I love just how raw, real and inspiring she is. She’s the kinda lady you can literally feel the passion and energy in her voice. This podcast will make you want to kick some major profesh and career goals.
- Conversations With God And Neale Donald Walsch – A completely eye-opening conversation with a very interesting man who had his own chinwag with the ultimate Homie-G. Yep, his book documents his conversations with God and this convo delves into some of what came up. Intriguing.
- The Power Of Sex For Health, Wealth And Love With Kim Anami – A really frank and interesting chat on a topic (ess e ex) that is rarely openly spoken about or explored in the context of wealth and professional success. I found this very interesting and will definitely be digging up more sexy teachings from Kim Anami!
- Living Fearlessly, Self-Love And Conscious Parenting With Celebrity Chef Pete Evans – Screw the haters! I love Pete’s message and back to basics approach to eating and living. He speaks common sense and will inspire you to get back in the kitchen and work with nature in your cooking adventures.
- Eat Dessert Burn Fat With Crosby Tailor – Quite the babe, but also a really down to earth and giving type of guy, this podcast with Crosby Tailor will get you googling all matter of superfood supplements and imagining life with a man who creates sugar free desserts for a living and hobby 😏❤️
- Conscious Parenting And Living A Zen Life With Hollywood Actress Teresa Palmer – You know her as the beautiful blonde Australian Actress, but there’s so much much more to Teresa Palmer than meets the eye, including a whole lotta soul. Check out her website too Your Zen Life.
- The Power of Essential Oils with Dr Eric Zielinski – I’ve been tinkering with essential oils for the last 6 months or so, but this podcast totally propelled my interest to the next level. I’m so inspired to integrate essential oils more into my life and everyday rituals after listening to this incredible, insightful convo.
Oh Em Gee, where do I start with this podcast? Total binge listen as soon as I discovered it. Melyssa is a big mover and shaker in the online education space, teaching various courses in the online marketing domain (e.g. Pinterest, Content Marketing and Branding.) I’ve done one myself, and can vouch that this lady pours her heart into her programs and this podcast is no different.
I love love love how varied the topics and guests are, from spiritual teacher Deepak Chopra to successful entrepreneurs and students. One thing I really appreciate about Melyssa is she really is dah real deal in terms of creating a business from a genuinely purpose-driven and heart-centred place (the name of the podcast is a bit of a hint to that).
My fave eps below:
- Episode 12: How These Best Friends Turned 2 Failed Launches Into A Six-Figure Business – A really inspiring look into what’s possible in the online space from two ladies who took the entrepreneurial leap.
- Episode 10: How To Create A Successful Side Hustle And Life With Life Coach, Susie Moore – You can hear the joy and enthusiasm echo in this lady’s voice. Melyssa describes her perfectly as a “high vibe personality”. Another one to bookmark for the motivational boost.
- Episode 13: How To Use Meditation To Feel Like A Less Stressed, Happier Version Of Yourself With Emily Fletcher – Emily’s a cool cat who makes meditation sound like a fun game you have to be part of. I’ve done an online meditation course a few years back but really interested to learn about Emily Fletcher’s approach after hearing her speak!
I’ve only recently discovered this video/podcast in the last few months so there is still so much juiciness to uncover here. Essentially another podcast with interesting people in the health, business and social psychology space, so you get some really novel thinking here on how to cultivate your epicness.
- Why It’s Time to Blend Science and Religion – Mastin Kipp I first came across Mastin Kipp’s work through his original blog The Daily Love, and honestly he fell off my radar for the last few years. It was interesting to see where he is now in this raw convo.
- Why You Need to Make Play a Priority – Preston Smiles – When you hear phrases like “a new thought leader of our generation” this is the kinda guy that comes up. So full of love, inspiration and joy, it’s hard not to fall in love with the magic of life after hearing this man speak.
- Breaking All the “Brules” – Vishen Lakhiani – A cool convo with the founder of one of my fave personal growth companies Mindvalley. I really like Vishen’s concept of challenging society’s bullshit rules or “brules” which we typically unconsciously adopt.
My favourite business woman with big hair and a big personality to match. Her calling is all bout helping you “create a business and life you love“. Marie is one of the first people I noticed really injecting her business and brand with her (quirky, hilarious) personality and making talkin’ shop (business) fun. I love how Marie champions women and uses her platform to raise awareness of incredible social enterprises and the people behind them. The more you get to know Marie, the more you discover how truly authentic, brilliant and badass she is.
Not just a straight-shooting thought-leader on business and marketing, Marie is is the ultimate representation of living your brand and created a heart-centred business. Such a Boss Lady, I have so much ❤Love & 👊Respect for this woman. I’ve really enjoyed seeing the evolution of her YouTube channel over the years to the very profesh production it is today. Her YouTube channel is a treasure trove of punchy content across all business and marketing topics, plus longer form interviews with stellar people.
Uncover some gold:
- Franchesca Ramsey: Here’s How to Be a Multipassionate Entrepreneur
- Brené Brown Shows You How To “Brave the Wilderness”
- The Truth About Your Calling With Seth Godin & Marie Forleo
- 7 Lessons Learned from 256 Episodes of MarieTV
- Marketing Strategy: How To Write Copy That Turns Website Visitors Into Customers
- How To Build Your Brand: 3 Smart Branding Strategies You Can Use Now
A great podcast with a great man about greatness… Lewis Howes has been on my radar for a while, but I hadn’t really delved too far into his content aside from listening to other podcasts where he’s been the guest. Finally I’ve discovering his YouTube channel and podcast interviewing all the influencers you know and love. You will not get board with his stellar line up.
So many interesting minds to discover here…
- Preston Smiles on How to Love Louder with Lewis Howes – This guy is popping up everywhere (already mentioned above). You can tell he is the real deal. A kind, loving and beautiful soul who really wants to lift humanity.
- Jason Silva on The Power of the Mind to Create Your Reality – What an intense, miraculous mind this dude has! A conversation with him would be like 50 shades of mindgasm. He’s like a different species of human haha. Mind bending shit. As an aside, I was truly surprised about how open Jason was in this interview about a recent heartbreak and love affair.
- Matthew Hussey on Dating, Attraction, and Creating Desire with Lewis Howes – A different topic to what I’d typically listen to but really enjoyed this perspective on dating in the modern age. Also, love the British accent!
I’ve only just discovered this podcast after being introduced to Luke as a guest on Melissa Ambrosini’s podcast. What attracted me to explore Luke’s own podcast show where he talks about “living life at the highest level of human potential” (gimmee summa dat!) is how totally open he is about the fact that he is still figuring all this (life) shit out. He’s not positioning himself as being perfect or some superhuman authority; he’s sharing his journey and the cool things he’s discovering along the way. Check him out.
I like James Altucher because he’s pretty much as real as they come. And by that I mean, he keeps it real and doesn’t just talk about the glossy stuff, but delves into the lows too and just has a really interesting way of seeing the world and guiding interesting conversations with his guests. His approach is less of your typical interview style and more like eavesdropping on him having a natural conversation with some cool peeps.
This podcast by Shawn Stevenson is featured as the #1 Health, Fitness & Nutrition podcast on iTunes. I’ve just finished reading Shawn’s book Sleep Smarter as improving the quality of my sleep is a massive focus for me this year. There are a lot of great takeaways so if you’re a troubled sleeper I recommend you get yourself a copy!…or just wait from my condensed post coming soon with the key tips and tactics to master your rest time between the sheets 😉
At over 500 eps this is the original podcast to turn to if you want to “Upgrade your social and relationship-building skills, your business savvy, and your lifestyle“. Ain’t no body not got time for that. I tend to lean towards more health oriented podcasts so I’ll be aiming to frequent this one more to get more of a psychological / social angle.
There’s a lot of familiar faces in this podcast series. This is one I dip in and out of from time to time. It’s not as active as some of the others but still lots of great content to soak up! And, the host is Aussie.
Well, my friends, it’s been real.
I hope I’ve introduced you to hours of juicy content to get stuck into.
Now, tell me, what are your favourite podcasts on health, wealth, success and business?
I’m always on the look-out for fresh meat 😉
Please share in the comments.